Article by: Jackie Mueller (Hardware Reviewer)
Edited By: Nathan Glentworth (Owner / Head Editor)
Product was submitted by: Zalman
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A HARD DRIVE ENCLOSURE IN THE UNITED STATES
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A HARD DRIVE ENCLOSURE IN CANADA
PRODUCT FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS (from Zalman)
High Performance USB Controller
- The USB 2.0 interface supports quick and reliable data transfer to and from a PC.
- USB power, eliminates the need for additional adaptor cable for convenience.
Plug & Play
- Supports Plug & Play, enabling the device to be removed without turning the computer’s power off.
Fully Compliant with eSATA or Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Connection
- Supports data transfer rates up to 3Gbps through eSATA or 480Mbps through USB 2.0 interface.
Replaces existing CD/DVD drive or player with the use of any ISO files
- Convert current CD/DVDs into ISO files and then load on ZM-VE200’s ‘virtual drive’.
CD/DVD image (ISO files) loading software pre-installed
- Does not require any software installation to mount any ISO files for loading on a PC.
Convenient HDD Installation
- 2.5” HDD can be replaced conveniently and securely fastened using screws to prevent accidental opening of case.
Write Protect Key
- To prevent accidental deletion the data can be protected by enabling the write protect function.
- ZM-HE100 and ZM-VE200 comes equipped with a protective casing for scratch prevention and portability.
- World of Warcraft Audio Control Panel
- Creative ALchemy
- Creative MediaSource
- Customer Support Utility
- Auto Update Client
- Online Registration
- User Guide
Available USB 1.1 or USB 2.0 port
Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS X v10.5 and above
Minimum System Requirements:
Intel Pentium 4 1.6GHz or equivalent AMD processor
Recommended System Requirements:
Intel Core 2 Duo System 2GHz and above
Downloadable from the internet:
World of Warcraft Audio Control Panel
Customer Support Utility
Auto Update Client
Like other 2.5" enclosures, the ZM-VE200 is passively cooled. It will accept any 2.5" SATA HDD running at 5400 or 7200 RPM. A USB or eSATA connection can be used for file transfers, however the virtual drive function is only available when using USB.