Article by: Joe Anderson (Hardware Reviewer)
Edited By: Nathan Glentworth (Owner / Head Editor)
Product was submitted by: Zalman
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A ZALMAN CASE IN THE UNITED STATES
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A ZALMAN CASE IN CANADA
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS AND FEATURES
Zalman offers the chassis in two versions, the Z9 and the Z9 Plus. Basically the Z9 Plus adds a few more fans, a fan speed controller and a temperature display to the entry-level Z9 chassis. Otherwise, both cases are virtually identical.
Front Mesh Cover for High Cooling Performance
- The front mesh bay cover provides cool air into the system while dust filters prevent dust from entering.
Supports up to 7 System Fans
- Up to 7 system fans are installed to expel hot air effectively from the case.
Supports Bottom PSU Installation and Aperture for Cable Management
- Z9 Plus supports bottom PSU installation and provides an aperture for cable management to make better use of interior space.
Black Interior Coating
- The interior of chassis is coated black to provide a sense of unity and elegant design.
Tool Free HDD Installation with Anti-Vibration Rubber
- The server-type Tool-Free HDD Mount Trays allow easy HDD installation/removal and maintenance.
Spacious Interior for Installing 290mm Card
- The interior has been designed to be spacious for easy installation and maintenance of various components.
Front I/O module for Easy Component Change
- Front I/O module enables the location of DVD-ROM and other components to be changed easily according to user preference.
2-Channel Fan Controller and Temperature Display
- 2-Channel Fan controller for adjusting the system temperature and external LED temperature display are provided. By controlling noise and interior temperature with the fan speed, system can be operated at the most optimal condition.
Side Acryl Tuning
- Side Acryl Tuning is provided for users to view the interior of gaming system.
Supports 4 USB 2.0
- Front I/O module provides 4 USB 2.0 ports for user convenience and expandability.
Supports Front, Top, Side 120mm Blue LED fan and Rear 120mm Fan
- Four 120mm fans deliver maximum cooling, and 3 Blue LED fan emphasizes cool aesthetics. For Z9, 1 front 120mm Blue LED and 1 rear 120mm White Impeller fan are provided.
Front and Bottom Dust Filters
- Dust filters in the front and bottom mesh covers prevent dust from entering the system and keep the internal components dust-free.
Supports Solid State Drive (SSD)
- Space is provided on the back of M/B plate for installing 2.5" HDD/SSD.
Separate Apertures for Convenient CPU Cooler Installation
- Separate apertures for CPU cooler are provided for convenient CPU cooler installation without having to remove motherboard from case.
3IN1 Adapter Tray Provided
- 3IN1 Adapter Tray is provided for installing FDD / 3.5" HDD / 2.5" HDD/SSD.
Tube Apertures for Liquid Cooling Systems
- Tube apertures are provided at the rear of the case for convenient water cooling set-up and maintenance.
The feature list is heavy on cooling options and the roomy interior features room for large, long (up to 11.5-inches,) video cards and big CPU coolers, depending upon side panel fan placement. Convenience features also abound in the Z9 Plus, as we'll see as we proceed through the review. There are a surprising number of features in the Z9 Plus considering its relatively modest price.