Date: August 8th, 2005
Article by: Nathan Glentworth (Owner / Head Editor)
Product was submitted by: Logitech
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A LOGITECH 5.1 SPEAKER SYSTEM IN THE UNITED STATES
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A LOGITECH 5.1 SPEAKER SYSTEM IN CANADA
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS & FEATURES
- High power and THX performance for demanding gamers
- Patented dual chamber subwoofer plays louder and goes lower for unbelievable bass
- Subwoofer delivers twice the bass energy of conventional designs
- Polished aluminum phase plug satellites combine two drivers into one: the clarity of a tweeter with the richness and fullness of a separate mid-range
- Use Matrix mode and source selector switch to create breathtaking 5.1 surround sound from stereo, 4 channel, or 5.1 sound sources
- Exercise complete control over your listening experience with the full-featured SoundTouch™ wired remote control, featuring headphone jack, master volume control, and separate volume controls for the subwoofer, center channel, and rear channels
- Pedestals rotate easily for wall mounting or desk placement
- Innovative design features removable grilles & aluminum phase plug drivers
- Video game console adapter works with Sony® PlayStation®, Sony® PlayStation®2, Microsoft® Xbox®, or Nintendo GameCube™ using stereo RCA (red and white) audio cables
- Total RMS power: 280 watts RMS
- Satellites 180 Watts RMS (2 x 35.25W front, 2 x 35.25W rear, 39W center)
- Subwoofer: 100 Watts RMS
- Total peak power: 560 watts
- Frequency response: 35Hz - 20kHz
- Satellites: 2.5" aluminum phase plug driver
- Subwoofer: 6.5" high-excursion driver
- Speaker dimensions:
- Satellites: (H) 8" x (W) 3.75" x (D) 3.5"
- Center: (H) 5" x (W) 6.625" x (D) 3"
- Subwoofer: (H) 11.813" x (W) 11.75" x (D) 14.5"
- Signal to noise ratio: >85 db
- Input selector switch:
- 2 Channel (stereo)
- 4 Channel
- 5.1 Channel
- SoundTouch™ remote control
- Master volume
- Sub, center & surround levels
- Matrix surround sound
PRODUCT COMPOSITION & WALKTHROUGH
Starting off small, you first will extract a small bag with the set manual long with the PC 5.1 patch cord along with the game console stereo connector you can hook up to your Playstation, Nintendo Gamecube or your Xbox.
Next up we take a walk around the four satellite speakers. These medium sized speakers are extremely well made and very solid. These are definitely NOT like the hollow cheap speaker you see from some other manufacturers lately. Although they have a narrow profile, they are actually quite stable.
Each speaker comes with its own color coordinated composite connector which you connect to the corresponding color connection on the back of the subwoofer. It just can't get any simpler than that.