Date: October 14th, 2004
Article by: Nathan Glentworth (Owner, Head Editor & Hardware Reviewer)
Product Submitted By: Logitech
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON LOGITECH Z2300 SPEAKERS IN THE UNITED STATES
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON LOGITECH Z2300 SPEAKERS IN CANADA
Product Features (From Logitech)
- Enjoy THX-certified sound from your music, movies, and games with the subwoofer and two satellite speakers
- Conveniently control volume and power with the wired remote, which features a headphone jack
- Experience the intensity of polished aluminum phase plug drivers that combine the clarity of a tweeter with the richness of a separate mid-range
- Feel twice the bass of conventional designs with our patented subwoofer design
- Place the satellite speakers on a shelf or securely mount them to a wall
PRODUCT COMPOSITION & PRODUCT WALKTHROUGH
The MSRP for the Z2200 system weighs in at a price of US$149.99 but this system can be found for about US$110-US$130 if you use the pricegrabber link at the top of this page. Also available until December 31st, 2004 is a US$50 rebate which can be found HERE.
With the rebate, this will be a very affordable and powerful system.
When you first open the box you will be confronted with the Z2200's handy wired remote control branded the SoundTouch(tm) to keep in full control of your music or gaming audio at all times without having to rely on the windows audio controls to manipulate volume levels.
The SoundTouch remote allows you to power the system on and off as long as you have the main power switch on the back of the subwoofer activated. Other than the power switch you have a large smooth rotating volume dial along with a smaller dial to control the bass volume of the subwoofer. Believe me, the bass dial will be used rather frequently and you will see why later on. Bringing up the rear is the handy headphone jack seen in the bottom right corner of the above photo which I always use when gaming late at night and don't want to wake a slumbering girlfriend.
Along with the remote control is the product registration card and a female stereo composite to female 3.5mm headphone jack adapter using using other sources of audio other than you computer if needed.