Date: May 4th, 2005
Article by: Josh Williams (Hardware Review)
Edited By: Nathan Glentworth (Owner / Head Editor)
Product was submitted by: RAIDMAX
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A COMPUTER CASE IN THE UNITED STATES
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A COMPUTER CASE IN CANADA
RAIDMAX CORPORATE PROFILE
Raidcom technology (Raidtronics) is a leading manufacturer in computer enclosure for the PC. With an experienced R&D team, Raidcom is able to offer OEM customers a complete line of innovative products that exceed our customers’ expectations.
Raidcom focuses on providing top quality and superior designed products to all our customers. We are here to meet your demands. Raidcom will keep on providing high quality and innovative products and work harder to serve all the value customers world wide.
It can be hard to find a well built case at a price that won't break your budget. Cheaper builders tend to cut corners (as well as your fingers). You may end up with a case that bends, warps, has poor airflow, or possibly falls apart after a few months of use. On the other side of the spectrum, great big heavy cases are being built. They are very strong and durable but hard to lug around to LANs. These cases are often as expensive as they are heavy.
Many of us try to find cases that are eye-catching, durable, and relatively inexpensive. Today, I will be reviewing Raidmax's Virgo 811W. It starts out at a rather attractive price of $52.50, but how does it really stack up?
- ATX 12v PSU support for Intel and AMD
- 10 Drive bays
- 4 x external 5.25"
- 2 x external 3.5"
- 4 x internal 3.5"
- Hidden drive bays
- 120 mm case fan for rear exhaust
- 80 mm side ducting fan (with red, orange, and yellow LEDs)
- 80 mm or 120mm front case fan (not included)
- Pre-Moded see through side panel window
- Thermal control fans adjust speed automatically and keep your system quiet
- Available in Black and White
- 2 x front USB v2.0
- Front audio out and microphone
- 420 watt Raidmax PSU with one 120mm intake fan
- 463 x 250 x 540 mm
- 21 Lbs