Date: September 4th, 2008
Article by: Jackie Mueller (Hardware Reviewer)
Edited by: Nathan Glentworth (Owner / Head Editor)
Product was submitted by: Thermaltake USA
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A HARD DRIVE ENCLOSURE IN THE UNITED STATES
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A HARD DRIVE ENCLOSURE IN CANADA
PRODUCT FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Active SMART Cooling System incorporates an auto temperature sensing fan that reacts to hard drive temperature change in real-time for utmost efficient thermal management.
- Hard Drive Suspension system minimizes hard drive vibration to eliminate operating noise.
- All around metal mesh opening provide unobstructed airflow intake ensuring proper cooling.
- Stable detachable base unit allows for easy transportation and mobility when needed.
- Elegant glossy black finish.
- Supports SATA to Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface.
- Supports SATA to eSATA interface.
- Supports Hard Drive capacity up to 1 TB (1,000GB)
- Plug & Play
The Vi-On is available in black or white and supports SATA drives all the way up to 1TB. A nice feature to point out is that no software is required – just plug it in and it is ready to go.
Opening the box reveals the Vi-On protected by foam blocks and plastic wrap. Also inside is a small box of cables and instruction manual.
Cables include a USB and eSATA cable, along with an AC power adapter and cleaning cloth. The body of the Vi-On has a glossy finish (read: fingerprint magnet) so the cleaning cloth will come in handy.