Date: December 20th, 2006
Article by: Karl van der Walt (Hardware Reviewer)
Edited by: Nathan Glentworth (Owner / Head Editor)
Product was submitted by: Steel Series
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A GAMING HEADSET IN THE UNITED STATES
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A GAMING HEADSET IN CANADA
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS & FEATURES
On the back of the package you'll find a product description in various languages as well as the technical specifications listed below. Surprisingly the 4H is identical on paper to the 5H V2 (see Here
Technical specifications from SteelSeries' website
- Frequency response 16 - 28.000 Hz
- Impedance 40 Ohm
- SPL@ 1kHz, 1 Vrms 110 dB
- Cable length 1.8 meters (6 feet)
- Frequency response 75 - 16.000 Hz
- Pick up pattern Uni-directional
- Sensitivity -38dB
- Impedance 2k Ohm
“SteelSound 4H at a glance;
* Lightweight gaming headset with XL-sized earcushions
* Developed in cooperation with professional gamers
* Retractable uni-directional microphone system
* Volume control, featuring 3 microphone settings
* Full-size earcups for maximum individual comfort
* Strong and deep resonating in-game sound projection
* 40mm SteelSound SunDancer(Sd) Units
Created as a simplified version of the SteelSound 5H v2, SteelSound 4H features many of the same qualities such as XL-sized ear cushions, a retractable microphone, volume control, and sound specifically geared towards enhancing in-game performance.
The XL-sized ear cushions and light weight design provides a the user with a high level of comfort, even when gaming several hours at a time. With ear cushions that gently fit around the ears the headset will always stay in the right place, while also reducing background noise.
The retractable microphone is practically invisible when not in use. The microphone cord is covered in high quality transparent plastic to ensure long-lasting durability.”
PRODUCT COMPOSITION & WALKTHROUGH
The packaging is virtually identical to that found on the 3H. Tidy presentation will make this product look at home on the shelf of any gamer store.
Once you get the package open you will get to your 4H. Other than a few bits of paper there is nothing else in the package. The 4H is significantly larger than the 3H.
Here you can see the full sized cloth covered surrounds. The padding is thick and comfortable making for a pleasant listening experience as well as preventing sore ears.