Date: August 22nd, 2008
Article by: Nathan Glentworth (Owner / Head Editor)
Product was submitted by: Razer
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A RAZER GAMING HEADSET IN THE UNITED STATES
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A RAZER GAMING HEADSET IN CANADA
PRODUCT SPECIFICATION & FEATURES (From Razer)
- True-to-life audio quality with superior clarity and bass
- Adjustable, noise-filtering microphone for clearer in-game communication
- Comfortable, ergonomic and adjustable earphones suitable for prolonged use.
- In-line remote control with convenient volume and microphone muting adjustments
- Single-sided cable for hassle-free usage
- Durable braided fiber cable protection
- Internet telephony compatible
- Compatible with most major operating systems
- Usable with CD, DVD and digital audio players (via 3.5mm minijack)
- Freq. response: 18 – 22,000 Hz
- Impedance: 32 Ohms
- SPL (@ 1 kHz, 1 Vrms): 114 dB
- Cable: 3.0 meters
- Freq. response: 80 – 15,000 Hz
- Sensitivity (@ 1 kHz, 1V/Pa): -38 dB
- Impedance: ~2 kOhms
Pick-up pattern: Uni-directional
So what exactly do you get for US$59-$79?
Once opened, the first thing out of the box is paperwork which consists of a certificate of authenticity, a quick start guide, an addition Razer product catalogue and two Razer logo case stickers.
And last out is the headphones themselves. First impressions are positive with an overall stiff, solid and well made build quality. Everything is constructed properly and the overall rigidity is impressive for such a small headset.
Let's move on to see what makes this headset tick.