Date: November 10th, 2005
Article by: Nathan Glentworth (Owner / Head Editor)
Product was submitted by: OCZ
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON AN OCZ POWER SUPPLY IN THE UNITED STATES
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON AN OCZ POWER SUPPLY IN CANADA
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS (From OCZ)
The OCZ PowerStream power supply family offers the quietest, most versatile and adaptable PSU available today. The PowerStream PSU family comes in 420W, 520W and 600W configurations; they are the ideal solution to your computer power needs.
With its universal ConnectAll™ connector, the PowerStream power supply offers all-in-one connectivity. (ATX, BTX, Serial ATA, P4 and EPS12V) Every OCZ power supply offers PowerShield™ power leads with enhanced EMI-control technology to reduce RF interference, stabilize input current and filter out “ripple noise”.
Each OCZ PowerStream family member includes the PowerFlex™ feature for fine-tuning the three adjustable power rails. An LED sits below each of the three adjustment dials; a green light indicates voltage is within ±5% of optimal, a yellow light indicates undervoltage, and red indicates overvoltage.
The OCZ PowerStream PSU box has an eye-catching nickel-plated chrome finish and boasts green exhaust fan LED's and colorfully wrapped wires.
- OCZ PowerWhisper™ Technology
- OCZ PowerFlex™ individually adjustable power rails with LED indicators.
- OCZ ConnectAll™ universal connector. (ATX, BTX, SATA, P4 and EPS12V)
- ATX12V 2.01*
- OCZ PowerShield™ power leads
- 5 year warranty backed by OCZ’s exclusive PowerSwap™ replacement program.*** No more endless return-for-repair loops!
- 175x150x86 mm
- 23 dBA @ 60% load
- 100~120Vac / 200~240Vac 10/6a
- 200~240Vac only**
- 520W: +3.3V(28A), +5V(40A), +12V(33A)
- Overvoltage/Short-Circuit protection
- Independent adjustable 3.3V/+5V/+12V rails.
For around US$124 you will receive the following.
When you first open the box, you will be confronted with a user's manual, the wall power cord, several wire ties and a PCI express adapter.
After removing the protective packaging, you are able to check out your new power supply. Initial thoughts that came immediately to mind was just how heavy this unit is and the incredible amount of wiring and connections. A more in depth walkthrough will be covered in the next section.