Article by: Joe Anderson (Hardware Reviewer)
Edited By: Nathan Glentworth (Owner / Head Editor)
Product was submitted by: NZXT
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A NZXT SENTRY LXE IN THE UNITED STATES
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A NZXT SENTRY IN CANADA
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS AND FEATURES
Introducing Sentry LXE, a high performance external fan controller with an intuitive touch screen. Its unique patent-pending PCI card interface desktop design allows effortless control without having to reach underneath the desk to configure the settings. Some of the additional advanced features include touch screen capability, 5 channel fan control and temperature detect, time and date display, temperature alarm, and screen on/of functions.
NZXT's Sentry LXE sports a five-channel fan controller with remote temperature monitoring for each channel. There seems to be a bit of confusion regarding the watts per channel rating. As you can see the specifications list ten Watts and the box lists both ten and eight Watts per channel.
• Intuitive Touch Screen LCD – Advanced, touch screen LCD displays temperatures in C/F, RPMs, along with the date, time, and day of the week. Users have the ability to switch the display off for complete darkness for more immersive gaming sessions
• Complete Control – 5 Temperature Probes keep tabs on thermals throughout the case while the 5 Fan controllers adjust the fans’ RPM speed for at least 10W per channel. Allows users to automatically adjust the fan speeds to correspond to a specific temperature, manually customize for extreme overclocking capabilities, or set to absolute silence
• Temperature Alarm – Instant notification if temperatures rise above a designated point
• Sleek Design – Brushed aluminum frame provides sleek aesthetics for any desktop.
• Rechargeable Battery – The Sentry LXE features a rechargeable battery for up to 500 times, keeping the LXE life time longer without the hassle of replacing batteries constantly.
• Using a NZXT developed PCI board and external touch display, the LXE allows for more 5.25" bays freed up for other peripherals.environment. Simply set the fan controller atop your PC or desktop and connect through PCI card interface.
The Sentry LXE features a very nice touch-screen LCD display and an impressive array of monitoring and control options to satisfy the most discerning PC enthusiast. This external unit frees up the case bays for other devices, and the classy brushed aluminum faceplate adds a bit of high-tech style to the desktop as well.