Date: May 10th, 2007
Article by: Karl Van der Walt(Hardware Reviewer)
Edited by: Nathan Glentworth (Owner / Head Editor)
Product was submitted by: Nexus
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A POWER SUPPLY IN THE UNITED STATES
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A POWER SUPPLY IN CANADA
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS AND FEATURES
Nexus power supplies are designed to provide your PC stable and efficient power to guarantee perfect PC performance. Yet we have set everything to work to make these power supplies the quietest in the market. By using high quality components and performing a 100% burn-in and functionality test these power supplies are guaranteed to comply with our high standards. So we are proud to be able to say that Nexus power supplies have the lowest defective rate and are amongst the most reliable power supplies in the market.
- 600 Watt True power power supply
- 80 plus; a minimum of 80% efficiency guaranteed at all loads!
- Real silent performance with just 19.6 dB(A)* in idle mode
- Modular cables. Just connect what you need!
- Sleeved cables for a tidy system
- Active PFC
- Real Silent 12cm fan
- Excellent airflow, honey-comb grill
- Enough cables and connectors for any high-end system
- Full range automatic. No voltage selection has to be set
- Multiple safety features such as: over-voltage and short-circuit protection
- Complies to WEEE & RoHS environment directives
- Version ATX 2.2
Stable, solid and versatile....everything your system needs!
As you can see from the specs from Nexus website, they are confident that they have “everything your system needs!” Usually I take statements like that with a heavy pinch of salt but lets see if someone can actually live up to it for once.
PRODUCT COMPOSITION & WALKTHROUGH
The PSU came in a stylish package with “Real silent power supply” being the thing that stands out most. I like the way they have arranged the data and images on the packaging. All the information you could possibly want about the PSU and its features is all conveniently written on the box as well as some diagrams detailing the modular cable setup. More on that later.
Once you remove the plastic protective coating and open up the box you are greeted with the bubble wrapped PSU and a bundle of cables. No documentation is provided inside the box; you don't need it with everything detailed on box as I said above.