Date: October 28th, 2005
Article by: Ryan (Hardware Reviewer)
Edited by: Nathan Glentworth (Owner / Head Editor)
<--SHOP FOR ONE IN NORTH AMERICA
<--SHOP FOR ONE IN EUROPE
LOGITECH CORPORATE PROFILE
Logitech designs, manufactures and markets personal interface products that enable people to effectively work, play, and communicate in the digital world. The company's products combine essential core technologies, continuing innovation, award-winning industrial design and excellent price performance.
During the past few years, Logitech has significantly broadened its product offering and increased its presence in the retail sector, as consumers enhance their basic systems with more fully featured interface devices that add functionality and cordless freedom to their desktops, as well as supplementary devices designed for new applications and specific purposes such as gaming, multimedia or visual communication on the Internet.
Today, Logitech's retail business accounts for more than 80 percent of its revenue. To provide the market with a broadening array of best-of-category products, Logitech's business model calls for supplementing its internal engineering and manufacturing strength with additional products and technologies through a combination of strategic acquisitions and industry partnerships.
If you've been keeping up with the computer gaming industry lately , y ou can see it's more than just fragging your buddies at an overnight LAN party, even though that never gets old. Computer gaming has evolved into something much more complex, more competitive, and now requires talent and skill rivaling other competitive sports. All athletes need the right gear to out perform their opponents. If you're a hardcore gamer a mouse can be your best friend, or your worst enemy.
Your computer might have a top of the line processor and a graphics card that scares other cards back into their retail boxes, but what good does all this do if your mouse cannot keep up with you? You might be thinking how can a mouse improve my game performance? Well it won't get your frame rates up, but this may just be what the doctor ordered, to keep you from coming in last at the next LAN tournament.
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS & FEATURES
· Image Processing: 6.4 megapixels/second
· Resolution: 2000-dpi native, adjustable to 400- and 800-dpi
· Acceleration: 20 g
· Throughput: 16 bit/axis USB data format, and 500/sec USB report rate
· 16 miniature round weights eight weighing 1.7 grams and eight weighing 4.5 grams provide the ultimate in customization
· Any combination of up to eight weights fits into a small cartridge that can be inserted into the base of the mouse
· Logitech Gaming-Grade laser for precision tracking
· Full-speed USB data transfer 500 reports per second
· Resolution of up to 2000 dpi includes on-the-fly sensitivity shifting
· 6.4 megapixels of image processing per second
· Improved glide across surfaces with polytertrafluoroethylene mouse feet
· Outrigger foot for gamers who like to skate, provides extra glide when the mouse is rocked to the left and makes contact with a surface