Date: June 6th, 2002
Article by: Nathan Glentworth
(Head Editor & Hardware Reviewer)
Product was donated by: Kingwin
Kingwin Inc. Profile
Kingwin was founded in 1992 as a manufacturer specialized in designing
and manufacturing CPU Coolers and Mobile racks, also with goals to provide
our customers with the best thermal cooling and storage solutions. Kingwin's
factories are located in China and Taiwan. The first U.S.A. office was
established in Walnut, CA in 1994 and in 1997 Kingwin has further expanded
its branch and established another office in New Jersey for better service
to more customers through out the US. We have been producing top quality
thermal solutions and storage products both OEM and ODM to support our
clients from the worldwide market. Backed by in-depth experiences from
market demand and customer responses, we continue to develop new products
with innovative ideas to keep up with the pace in the fast changing market.
Also, the good relations and services that we provide for our customers
is giving us more opportunity to understand, communicate and assist with
our clients the best way we can. Our strong support from R&D department
is committed to offer the most enhance and cutting edge thermal and storage
solution for both industrial and personal computers.
Product Introduction & Specifications
Temperatures and the monitoring thereof is a primary concern for the
elite computer user of today. It seems that every peripheral you can stick,
install, add or insert into your computer has some kind of sensor and
display to monitor some nook or cranny of your computer case and/or system.
Kingwin was kind enough to supply a couple computer components that could
really help in monitoring YOUR computer and allow you to find some potential
hotspots you might have to attend to.
The first I will be looking into is the Kingwin Multifunction Transfer
- Fits In Standard 5.25 Drive Bay
- 2 USB Ports
- 1 Firewire Ports. (IEEE 1394)
- 1 Microphone Input Jack
- 1 Speaker Output Jack.(Headphones)
- 1 Game Port For Use With Joy Stick
- 1 LCD Temperature Sensor With Thin Probe (Battery Included)
- Sticker To Label Temperature For CPU, H.D.D. and Chip
- Extension Cable For U.S.B., Firewire, Sound, and Game Port
- PCI Slot Interface Card To Route Extension Cables Outside To Back Of
The second Kingwin product I will be looking at is the KF-201-DF Mobile
IDE Rack w/ LCD
- Front LCD Display Indicate The Power & Working State Of H.D.D.
- Fan Fail Operation/Fail Alarm
- Temp.Setting/Over Heat Alarm
- HUTR (H.D.D. Usage Time Record)
- Master or Slave H.D.D.Setting Display
- Fits Standard 5.25" Drive Bay
- Easy Transprt And Secure Valuable Data
- For Standard 1" Or 1.6" Height, 3.5" H.D.D.
- Auto Push-Pull Handle Design
- Dust & Wear Resistant Auto Shutter
- Single Fan Ball Bearing
- All Aluminum-Alloy Frame And Tray Ensure Fastest Cooling Effects
- Supports All Brands Of 3.5" Of IDE ATA 33/66/100/133 H.D.D.
- Compatible With All Type Of PC Cases