Date: September 13th, 2005
Article by: Jeff Caldwell (Hardware Reviewer)
Product was submitted by: Scythe USA
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A CPU COOLER IN THE UNITED STATES
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A CPU COOLER IN CANADA
Celeron (socket 370) all speeds
Celeron (socket 478) all speeds
Pentium III (socket 370) all speeds
Pentium 4 (Socket 478) all speeds
LGA775 (Socket 775) all speeds
Duron (socket 462) all speeds
Sempron (socket 462) all speeds
Athlon (socket 462) all speeds
Sempron (socket 754) all speeds
Athlon 64 (socket 754) all speeds
Athlon 64FX (socket 754) all speeds
Opteron (socket 939) all speeds
Opteron (socket 940) all speeds
Fan Dimensions: 92 x 92 x 25mm
Combined Dimensions: 98 x 96 x 130mm
Fan Speed: 2000rpm (±10%)
Fan Noise Level: 25.0dBA
Air flow: 35.12CFM
Super Light Weight & Compact Heatpipe CPU Cooler
• With 92mm fan attached on the Katana CPU Cooler, it overall weight is ONLY 300g! This cooler is ideal for both users seeking for an upgrade for their current CPU or for systems builder to integrate into their PC systems to build a silent PC systems.
Universal Socket Compatibility
• Katana CPU Cooler is compatible for socket 370/462/478/754/939/940 & the new LGA775. All in one solution for your PC system!
Low-Noise 92mm Fan
• Supplied 92mm fan rotates at only 2000rpm providing only 25dBA of noise, this cooler is an ideal solution for low-noise PC systems.
Cooling the Mainboard Components
• With the unique angle (70 degree) construction of the Katana CPU Cooler, the cooler can also cool the components on the mainboard to prolong its life and keep your PC system stable (subject to fan mounting & airflow direction).
4-Way Mountable Design to Optimize the Cooling
• With the special mounting clips provided with Katana CPU Cooler, users are able to mount this cooler in the best position based on the airflow and set-ups inside the PC case. (For socket 370/462, limited to 2-way mountable design)
Value for Money Low-Noise & High-Performance CPU Cooler
• Scythe’s engineering team has sought the best balance for value, silence and performance to design the Katana CPU Cooler.
Inside this very simple cardboard box, you receive:
This giant assortment of brackets for every different type of CPU this monster cooler can be utilized with. Everything from an AMD Duron to a Socket 775 Dual Core CPU is covered making this a extremely useful investment in case of future upgrades.
All the screws required for the installation of the heatsink, as well as sealed packet of thermal paste. I will be using Cooler Master HTK-002 on both CPUs, to keep an even playing field using a common agent that I know works well.
Here comes the large heatpipe based heatsink itself, something this big and monstrous deserves the name of a ninja’s weapon. Even with it’s size it is extremely light as Scythe has said, weighing in at only 300 grams. When you have a heatsink that is not mounted directly onto the processor, keep weight down is crucial to stop socket damaging stresses from occuring.