Date: July 26th, 2004
Article by: Nathan Glentworth (Owner, Head Editor & Hardware Reviewer)
Product was donated by: HIS
<--CLICK FOR PRICES ON AN ATI RADEON VIDEOCARD IN AMERICA
<--CLICK FOR PRICES ON AN ATI RADEON VIDEOCARD IN CANADA
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS & FEATURES
-Powered by ATI RADEON™X800 PRO Visual Processing Unit
-475MHz Graphics Engine Clock
-256MB GDDR3 memory - 900MHz
-256-bit memory interface
-Dual integrated 10-bit per channel palette DACs operating at up to 400MHz
-AGP 8X / 4X
-On board 15-pin VGA connector for CRTmonitor
-On board S-Video connector for TV-Out
-On board DVI-I connector for Digital Flat Panel
-External DVI-I to VGA adapter for Secondary CRT monitor
-Independent resolutions and refresh rates for any two connected
-Windows® XP (Home or Pro)
-Excalibur™X800 series requires connection to your PC's internal power supply for operation. A 300watt power supply or greater is recommended to ensure normal system operation where a number of other internal devices are installed
-Intel Pentium®4™ AMD®Athlon®or compatible with AGP 8X (0.8V), 4X (1.5V) or Universal AGP 3.0 bus configuration (8X/4X).
-128MB of system memory; 256MB or more for best performance
-Installation software requires CD-ROM Drive
-Operating Systems: Windows®XP (Home or Pro)
- Features ATI's SMARTSHADER™HD, SMOOTHVISION™HD, HYPER™Z HD and 3Dc™ technologies.
- SMARTSHADER™HD is the shader technology from ATI, allowing users to experience complex HD GAMING effects in next-generation 3D games and applications.
- SMOOTHVISION™HD technology provides new levels of image quality using fast Anti-Aliasing (AA) at HD resolution, Temporal AA and Anisotropic Filtering (AF) techniques.
- HYPER™Z HD is the ATI's innovative bandwidth saving technology to maximize performance at HD resolutions
- 3Dc™technology provides High-detail compressed normal maps make low poly 3D objects appear more detailed
- Dual display support with HYDRAVISION™
- Integrated TV-Out support up to 1024 x 768 resolution
- Integrated DVI-compliant 165MHz TMDS transmitter