Date: August 7th, 2004
Article by: Nathan Glentworth (Owner, Head Editor & Hardware Reviewer)
Product was donated by: CoolerMaster
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A COOLER MASTER CPU COOLER IN THE UNITED STATES
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A COOLER MASTER CPU COOLER IN CANADA
PRODUCT SPECIFICATION & FEATURES
- Six embedded heat pipes provide superb heat dissipation. Special heatsink design - maximum cooling performance at any mounted angle.
- Raised base design to avoid interfering with components surrounding the CPU such as capacitors and fan connectors. 100% copper fins and special welding techniques enable seamless connections between fins and pipes.
- High-density fins provide a large surface area for heat dissipation. Greater cooling performance with optional high speed 80mm fan. Perfect for all K8 and P4 CPUs.
- The Universal Retention Module that is included in Hyper 6 package is designed for P4 and K8 platforms.*
*If it is interfering with the surrounding capacitors, you can stay with the original mainboard's retention module and install the heatsink with Cooler Master's Back Plate.
For the approximate price of around US$50, you will receive the following.
First off, you will receive this sturdy and very protective box that for its' size does have quite a heft.
Also, you will find:
- Various Installations screws
- Knob for the Fan Speed Control
- Reinforced socket backing plate
- Generic thermal paste
- Metal heatsink fasteners.