Date: August 6th, 2006
Article by: Joe Anderson (Hardware Reviewer)
Edited by: Nathan Glentworth (Owner / Head Editor)
Product was submitted by: Gigabyte
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A VGA COOLER IN THE UNITED STATES
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A VGA COOLER IN CANADA
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS AND FEATURES
As you can see, the V-Power is a rather large cooler with a copper base and aluminum fins actively cooled by a 9cm ball bearing fan.
- Active Silent Pipe Technology
- Support nVIDIA SLi and ATi CrossFire
- Universal design support various high performance VGA card with easy installation
- With four heat pipes and large fin design to enhance heat conduction
- Better airflow and low noise working environment
- Fan speed controller fits various needs.
- Delicate white light LED
- 90x90x25 mm fan and exquisite design base provide the thermal circulation for surrounding components.
- Ball bearing fan extends cooler expectancy
- Heat sink for memory is included
Featuring four heatpipes and ramsinks for cooling and a fan speed controller for convenience, the V-Power has a nice feature set. White LEDs are an interesting departure from the more common colored light (or no light) offerings. Try as I might, I couldn’t find a detailed list of the supported cards for the V-Power.
The closest thing that Gigabyte provides the user is a small listing in the installation guide. I’ve reproduced it below:
NVIDIA GeForce 6800, 7800 and 7900 series.
ATI Radeon X1800, X1900 and X1950 Series.
Personally, I’d like to see a little more detail. At the very least, a potential buyer should be able to check Gigabyte’s website for compatibility prior to purchase.
Inside the attractive retail box, the V-power and its accessories are housed in a clear, plastic clamshell container. The large format installation guide is printed, in color, on glossy paper and features lots of illustrations to aid the user.