Date: January 23rd, 2005
Article by: Nathan Glentworth (Owner, Head Editor & Hardware Reviewer)
Product Submitted by: Epox
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A BLUETOOTH HEADSET IN THE UNITED STATES
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A BLUETOOTH HEADSET IN CANADA
EPOX BT-HS02 INTRODUCTION
With cellular telephones and internet voice chat becoming more and more popular, people realize that while enjoying these two communication applications, they are unfortunately tethered to either their cellphone or their computer via a wired headset. Although in most cases this might not be a huge concern, but after a while you will realize that you could doing other things rather than being tied down to your computer, or you could be talking over you cellphone without having that annoying separate headset wire constantly catching onto your clothing and uncomfortably ripping itself out of your ear.
With a bluetooth enabled cellphone or computer, you can cut the communication umbilical cord and enjoy hands and tether free communication. Lets see if Epox's latest bluetooth headset will indeed fix these problems for us.
EPOX CORPORATE PROFILE
With over 10 years specialized experience in the computer field, EPoX Computer Company was established in February 1995. The company grew rapidly with expected sales and production capacity and in less than two years our worldwide sales and technical service network was built-up. With a strong R&D team, EPoX was not only able to provide a wide range of products but also has been recognized as an innovation pioneer in the field. Besides the computer field, EPoX has also been expanding into the communications field since 1998. To design and produce 'the 3C' of integrated products is the goals planned for the near future.
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS & FEATURES
• Human factors engineering design to provide comfortable wearing
• Support Headset and Hands-free Profile, can pair up with all Bluetooth enabled cellular phones available (for BT-HS02 only)
• Call time: up to 7/5 hours; standby time: up to 168/128 hours
• Contain removable battery, replace spare batteries easily
• Support various cellular phone functions, including: call waiting, call divert, voice dial, last number redial, reject call, battery low warning, and volume control
• Pair up easily, connect hand-held devices and computers instantly
• Enhanced microphone and speaker provide crisp clear sound transmission
• Standard: Fully compliant with Bluetooth version 1.1 devices that support both headset and hands-free profiles.
• Bluetooth Chip / Class: CSR Blue Core 02 / Class II.
• Built-in microphone with receiver *Microphone sensitivity:-44dB *Using AGC Technology
• Continuous talk time: Up to 5 hours.(Typical)
• Standby time: 128 hours.(Typical)
• Rechargeable battery, Li-Ion 80mAh
• Frequency Band : 2402MHz ~ 2480MHz.(Total Channel 79)
• TX Max Power :+3dBm (max)
• TX Min Power: -6dBm (min)
• RX Sensitivity:-78dBm (min)
• Charge time: 2 ~ 2.5 hours
• Charge Current :50mA (Avg.)
• Transformer :5V/300~1000mA. 50 ~60 Hz, 100~240V.
• Battery:Rechargeable battery, Li-Ion 80mAh
*Built-in protection circuitry
*Operation current:23mA (Avg.)
*Power off current:150uA
• Working range: up to 10 meters.
• Dimension: (L x W x H) • 0°C ~ +50°C Operation Temperature
• -20°C ~ +70°C Storage Temperature
• Weight: 19 grams
• Approval: BQB, CE and FCC.