Date: May 6th, 2008
Article by: Jackie Mueller (Hardware Reviewer)
Edited by: Nathan Glentworth (Owner / Head Editor)
Product was submitted by: Cooler Master
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A COOLER MASTER POWER SUPPLY IN THE UNITED STATES
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A COOLER MASTER POWER SUPPLY IN CANADA
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS AND FEATURES
1. World's first six +12V rails for better power distribution in Quad-SLI and 2 ways server system.
2. Four 6 pin PCI-E connectors offer great future upgradeability.
3. Compliance with the newest Intel standard ATX 12V V 2.2
4. Compliance with the newest SSI standard EPS 12V V2.91
5. Ultra-silent operation with intelligent 135mm fan speed control (< 16dBA)
6. Eco-design for energy and money saving by Active PFC. (>0.99)/high efficiency (>85%)
7. Higher reliability (MTBF > 100,000 hours)
8. Multiple protection design (Over-Voltage, Under-Voltage, Over-Temperature, Over-Current, Over-Loading, and Short circuit protection)
20+4 Motherboard Connector x1
4 Pin + 12v CPU Connector x1
8 pin+ 12v Cpu Connector x1
6 Pin PCI-a connector x4
8 pin PCI-e Connector x2
S-ATA Connector x8
4 pin Peripheral Connector x6
4 Pin Floppy connector x1
At a price of around $175 US, this isn't exactly easy on the wallet. If you're considering a PSU such as this though, chances are you've already spent quite a bit on other high-end hardware and it would be silly to skimp on one of the most important components of a PC build.
The box is nothing flashy, but it does have a convenient carrying handle. All the contents inside are neatly separated by foam compartments.
Opening the box reveals the PSU, power cord, instruction booklet, Coolermaster case badge, screws, and a bottle opener keychain of all things.