Date: April 28th, 2008
Article by: Jackie Mueller (Hardware Reviewer)
Edited by: Nathan Glentworth (Owner / Head Editor)
Product was submitted by: Cirago
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A BLUETOOTH ADAPTER IN THE UNITED STATES
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON A BLUETOOTH ADAPTER IN CANADA
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS AND FEATURES
- Micro Design
- Bluetooth Specification 2.0 EDR / v 1.2
- Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) compliant for both 2Mbps and 3Mbps modulation modes
- Full speed Bluetooth operation with full piconet support
- Scatternet support
- Support for 802.11 Coexistence
- RoHS compliant
- Full speed USB v 2.0 interface support OHCI and UHCI host interface
- Bluetooth class 2
- Receiver Sensitivity -90dBm
- Stable, Accurate search ability
- Supports PC (VISTA/XP/2000/ME/98SE) or Mac (OS 8.6+)
Just about every feature one could ask for in a Bluetooth adapter is here, including support for Windows Vista and Mac OS.
For around $25 US you will get the USB adapter, mini-CD with drivers, and a fold out instruction manual.
PRODUCT PICTORIAL, INSTALLATION AND TESTING
This product is not much more than a metal USB tip and is very tiny – about the diameter of a quarter. At the end is a very small piece that houses the actual Bluetooth receiver.
When plugged in to a USB port, it doesn't stick out much. It would actually be pretty easy to forget it's there! For now though, I'm going to remove it so the drivers can be installed.