Date: April 22nd, 2010
Article by: Jackie Mueller (Hardware Reviewer)
Edited By: Nathan Glentworth (Owner / Head Editor)
Product was submitted by: Asus
<--CLICK FOR PRICES ON AN ASUS XONAR SOUND CARD IN THE UNITED STATES
<--CLICK FOR PRICES ON AN ASUS XONAR SOUND CARD IN CANADA
PRODUCT FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS (From ASUS)
Industry-leading 124dB SNR (Signal-to-Noise Ratio)
Choosing only the best components and finest design, Xonar Essence STX achieves unprecedented 124 dB SNR – 64 times clear than on-board solutions, bringing top-o-the shelf audio experience for audiophiles
Built-in headphone amp
A high-quality TI TPA6120A2 headphone driver supports headphones up to 600ohms of impendence with lower than 0.001% distortion. Drive your headphones as intended without additional amplification.
Hyper-Grounding circuitry design
This exclusive ASUS technique utilizes multi-layer PCB design to separate signal and noise, ensuring only the cleanest signals are passed to sensitive components.
Perfectly sealed analog output path
EMI and shielding seals all analog output signals perfectly from noise, offering distortion-free audio enjoyment.
High quality DAC
The Burr-Brown PCM 1792A Digital-to-Analog Convertor (DAC) converts signals at 127dB signal-to-noise ratio.
Nichicon "Fine Gold" professional audio capacitors
Using state-of-the-art etching technology, Nichicon "Fine Gold" capacitors deliver rich bass and crystal-clear high frequencies.
Swappable OPA Sockets
Tune up your unique sound - OPAMP sockets allow simple, solder-less alteration for user-preferred sound color.
- Xonar™ Essence STX 2 Channel PCI Express Audio Card
- RCA to 3.5mm Y cable
- 6.3mm to 3.5mm adaptor
- S/PDIF TOSLINK optical adaptors
- Driver CD
- Quick Start Guide
- Audio Precision test report
- One PCI Express 1.0 (or higher) compatible slot for the audio card
- Microsoft® Windows® Vista (32/64bit)/XP(32/64bit)/MCE2005
- Intel® Pentium®4 1.4GHz or AMD Athlon 1400 CPU or faster CPU
- >256 MB DRAM system memory
- >60 MB available HDD space for driver installation package
- CD-ROM drive (or DVD-ROM drive) for software installation
- High-quality headphones, powered analog speakers, or a Dolby Digital decoder, to enjoy the ultra-high fidelity sounds of the card.