Date: November 14th, 2005
Article by: Jeff Caldwell (Hardware Reviewer)
Edited by: Nathan Glentworth (Owner / Head Editor)
Product was submitted by: Antec
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON AN ANTEC NOTEBOOK COOLER IN THE UNITED STATES
<--CLICK FOR DEALS ON AN ANTEC NOTEBOOK COOLER IN CANADA
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS & FEATURES
Product Specs From Antec:
- Size: 13" x 11.2" x 0.85"
- Net weight: 1.6 Ibs / 720 g
- USB power cable length: 30" / 76.2 cm
- Voltage: 5V DC
- Current: 0.4 A
- Power consumption: 2 W
- Fans: 2 x 70mm
- Fan speed: 2500 RPM (Avg)
- Airflow: 31.6 CFM
- Acoustic noise: 25.9 dB(A)
- Protect your valuable investment and reduce heat-related instability
- USB-powered cooler with pass-through connector included
- Draw power from any USB port without losing use of the USB port
- Low power consumption
- No batteries or power adapter needed
- 2 Double ball-bearing fans for reliability
- AQ3 – Antec Quality three-year warranty
PRODUCT COMPOSITION & WALKTHROUGH
The first thing you notice is the sturdy box that the Antec Notebook Cooler comes in, as well as it appearing quite protective you will see there is a handle to carry the unit if you have no room in your laptop bag for it.
Here it is, in all its glory. The Notebook Cooler, other than a warranty sheet, is the only thing inside of the box.
In the center of the grated screen is the Antec logo. It is nicely engraved into the metal grill and the fans are located directly beside (on either side). The grill itself consists of a well perforated aluminum plate to aid in distributing air evenly over the bottom portion of your laptop.