Date: March 3rd, 2004
Article by: Nathan Glentworth (Owner, Head Editor & Hardware Reviewer)
Product was donated by: ATI Technologies
<--CLICK FOR PRICES ON AN ATI RADEON VIDEOCARD IN AMERICA
<--CLICK FOR PRICES ON AN ATI RADEON VIDEOCARD IN CANADA
· Instant on screen indicators for REMOTE WONDER™ selections
· Integrated help screens help users master the use of the remote control
· Extended access to TV, DVD, and File Player features through the remote
· Integrated TV Listings access in TV Player
TV and beyond on your PC:
· Stereo TV Tuner with 125 channels.
o The power to pause live TV, get instant replays, record live broadcasts for later viewing.
o Stay on top of the live action while in TV-ON-DEMAND™ mode with the Live Preview window.
· VIDEOSOAP™ - next Generation filtering options for Personal Video Recordings that improve captured image quality, particularly when capturing to low bitrates.
· MULTVIEW™ - the ability to add a second tuner for PiP , PoP , and many more features (not supported in EAZYLOOK at this time).
· Gemstar GUIDE Plus+™ Interactive Program Guide- allows user to view and search TV listing by category, actor/performer, or date. Schedule and record programs at the click of a mouse - all the benefits of a PVR without the monthly fees.
Home Theater on your PC:
· Superior quality DVD playback with AC-3 Digital Audio output to enable Dolby® 5.1 Surround Sound.
· ATI's VIDEO IMMERSION II technology integrates industry leading digital video features for unprecedented video quality.
Easy Digital and Analog Video Editing:
· Capture still images and video for use in your own creations.
· Add effects, transitions, and sound to video footage.
· Save your authored videos to VideoCD and DVD formats and burn to disc.
· Bundled with Pinnacle Studio 8.0
RF REMOTE WONDER (Original):
· Not included in with the All in Wonder 9200 although ATI indicated that a 50% off coupon will be enclosed with the product. My sample did not have the coupon enclosed and ATI has been notified.
Industry's Best 2D/3D Graphics Technology:
·Complete Microsoft® DirectX® 8.1 support and AGP 8X support.
· Clock Rates (250core/400memory DDR).
· 128MB DDR memory accelerates the latest 3D games.
· 128-bit memory interface removes hardware performance bottleneck and provides users with faster 3D graphics.
· THEATER™ 200 provides exceptional video quality viewing during live TV, video input and capture.
· ATI's improved FULLSTREAM™ and VIDEOSHADER™ technologies provide sharper image quality and better-looking visuals.
*Editor's Addition: Although the product box does clearly state 2X/4X AGP support, I have been notified that this card is indeed 8X AGP compatible. ATI has been notified of the mislabeled packaging and they are currently working on it as we speak. Also, I noticed that if I set the videocard to 4X AGP in the motherboard BIOS, the card would freeze at the Windows XP load screen. Only when the card was set to AGP 8X would it work properly.*