Date: October 25th, 2004
Article by: Nathan Glentworth (Owner, Head Editor & Hardware Reviewer)
Product was donated by: Abit USA
<--SHOP FOR A ABIT AA8 DURAMAX 925X EXPRESS MOTHERBOARD HERE
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS & FEATURES
INTEL(R) 925X EXPRESS CHIPSET INFORMATION (From Intel)
Intel 925X Express chipset-based platforms are optimized to deliver exceptional system performance, providing advanced technology and new levels of efficiency to help meet the demands of advanced computer users.
Workstation platforms based on the Intel® 925X Express chipset and Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with Hyper-Threading Technology deliver exceptional computing power in a single processor platform. The Intel 925X Express chipset was designed to support Intel's Hyper-Threading (HT) Technology, adding intelligence to help manage and prioritize multiple threads received from the processor. HT Technology-enabled platforms help maximize efficiency by improving system performance and responsiveness.
Additionally, for great workstation application flexibility, the Intel 925X Express chipset is specifically designed to support Intel® Extended Memory 64 Technology (Intel® EM64T)2 enabling 64-bit memory addressability. Select versions of the Pentium 4 processor support Intel® EM64T as an enhancement to Intel's IA-32 architecture on workstation platforms. This enhancement enables the processor to execute operating systems and applications written to take advantage of Intel® EM64T. Further details on the 64-bit extension architecture and programming model can be found in the Intel® Extended Memory 64 Technology Software Developer Guide at http://developer.intel.com/technology/64bitextensions/.
The features of the Intel 925X Express chipset deliver a compelling solution for both consumer and corporate market segments:
- 800MHz FSB enables support for today's highest-performing Intel Pentium 4 processors.
- Optimized for the Intel Pentium 4 Processor supporting HT Technology to enable improved system performance and responsiveness.
- Enhanced performance architecture, with 800-MHz system bus processors and DDR2 memory, optimizes data transfers between the processor and system memory.
- Intel® Extended Memory 64 Technology (Intel® EM64T) provides workstation application flexibility for future 64-bit code and access to large amounts of memory while running existing 32-bit applications.
- Flexible memory support, with dual-channel DDR2 533/DDR2 400 memory, providing up to 8.53 GB/s memory bandwidth, in configurations up to a maximum of 4 GB of Random Access Memory (RAM).
- PCI Express delivers up to 4 GB/s per direction for graphics bandwidth and up to 500 MB/s concurrent data transfers for I/O to support the most demanding applications.
- Intel Matrix Storage Technology, with integrated Raid 0 and Raid 1 capabilities using the latest SATA interface, for accelerated disk I/O performance.
- Intel HD Audio technology's eight independent DMA audio engines can enable multiple separate, simultaneous audio streams.
800 MHz System Bus
-Front Side Bus (FSB) support for high-performance Intel® processors. Delivers great system performance.
Support Enables increased system responsiveness and performance for multi-tasking.
LGA775 socket supports high performance Intel desktop processors
PCI Express* bus architecture
PCI Express x16 graphics delivers up to 4 GB/s per direction for up to 3.5 times more bandwidth than AGP8X2. PCI Express x1 I/O offers 500 MB/s concurrently, up to 3.5 times more bandwidth than PCI at 133 MB/s3.
Flexible memory support for dual-channel DDR2 533/DDR2 400 memory, providing up to 8.5 GB/s of memory bandwidth, in RAM configurations up to a maximum of 4 GB.
Direct Media Interface (DMI)
For I/O intensive applications, new serial bus delivers up to 2.0 GB/s of concurrent bandwidth between the memory and I/O controllers, compared to 266 MB/s with previous-generation architecture.
4 Serial ATA Ports (SATA/150)
Integrated Serial ATA controller facilitates high-speed data transfers at up to 150 MB/s for each of 4 ports. Allows easier hard drive upgrades and expansion for new SATA optical drives with 4 SATA/150 ports.
Intel® Matrix Storage Technology with ICH6R or RW only
Boosts storage performance with RAID 0 while helping to protect your digital memories with RAID 1 on the same disks. Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI) can further boost performance and provides native hot plug for drive hot swaps.
Utilizes the existing industry hard drive and optical drive interfaces.
Integrated Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Ports
Eight ports offer up to 40X greater bandwidth over USB 1.1 for high-speed I/O peripherals, such as digital video cameras.