Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:46 am Post subject: Random Game Crashes
I recently bought my new computer and a copy of "Red Faction 2".
RF2 crashes randomly and either throws me to the desktop (75% of the time) or the screen turns black and it doesn't receive any signal. I have come up with a couple of solutions (I hope) and would like to hear your comments on this.
1. Download directx 9.0b (Recently got my internet up and running, of course I couldn't access microsoft.com when I finally got it to work )
2. Download the latest software updates for XP Pro (Currently have SP1 installed)
3. Try running on only one piece of RAM to see if the RAM is the problem
4. Uninstall SP1 (Have heard that it might cause crashes)
5. Switch to a ATi Radeon 9800 Pro
I've tried uninstalling and re-installing RF2. Also this crashing can happen when I play Morrowind (me dying and pressing load, dying and pressing load, dyring and pressing load.) It hasn't crashed on Half-life or Counter-Strike, but those games aren't that graphics demanding.
Does anyone have any comments or other solutions? _________________ System Specs:
ASUS P4P800 Mother Board
Intel P4 2.8GHz, Hyper Threading Technology
512mb OCsystem DDR400 RAM
Seagate Barracuda 120gb
ATi Radeon 9700 Pro
Windows XP Pro with SP1
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum